This policy lays down the guidelines and mechanisms for undertaking socially valuable programs for the welfare and sustainable development of the community. Enterprises have realized that the public sector alone will not be able to uplift the underprivileged part of society. Businesses must commit to ethical behavior, contribute to economic development, and foster sustainable livelihoods.Objective:
Servion aims at spending a defined portion of its net profit for the betterment of society by:
• Providing financial and other assistance to underprivileged students for basic and higher education.
• Supporting efforts for community health.
• Supporting efforts for providing safe drinking water and sanitation facilities at schools, colleges etc.
• Undertaking initiatives for the well-being of society.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Committee and its responsibilities:
The CSR Committee of the Company comprises board members and senior executives responsible for:
• Formulating and recommending to the Board of Directors the CSR Policy and indicating activities to be undertaken
• Recommending the amount of expenditure for the CSR activities, and
• Monitoring CSR activities regularly.
CSR target areas
The Servion CSR activities primarily include the following:
i. Education: Promoting education, including special education and inclusive education for children with disability, and skill development and livelihood enhancement projects.
ii. Community Health Care: Engaging with the community to promote preventive health care, safe drinking water, and sanitation.
iii. Ecology: Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining the quality of soil, air, and water.
iv. Disaster Relief and Rehabilitation: Engaging with communities affected by natural disasters for relief and long-term rehabilitation.
v. Business Sustainability: Reducing and minimizing our operations' environmental footprint.
The above is only an illustrative list; the CSR activities will not be restricted to these activities only. The CSR Committee will take up new areas of CSR activities occasionally.
This CSR Policy is subject to revisions and amendments at the discretion of the Company.
The Board of Directors ensures that compliance with this policy is achieved.
For queries relating to the CSR policy, please mail to [email protected]